Colorbar Darkened Summer Lipstick Wild Mauve : For that sexy pucker

I cannot enter my room. The hall is covered with dust. I am sitting in between the sofa cushion. And I am having a hard time reaching out for just basic things. The excitement of the home renovation has ended already.  I am just waiting for the moment when everything is done and I am rolling on my bed . Ahh !that relaxing feeling…. ^_^.    Right now the only thing seems to be uplifting my mood is the bright berry lippy I am wearing.




I have always been a berry lipstick kinda person. The lipstick which catches my attention in any range is berry pink purply shade and deep maroon red. Anyhoo, today I am going to review a berry purple lipstick from the Colorbar Darkened summer collection. Since the day I saw the swatches in Lisha's blog Heart Bows And Makeup , I wanted it. Plus this was recommended in the October Cosmopolitan issue that made me want this lipstick even more. But I waited till the November, since one of my favorite berry lipstick from Maybelline was expiring and I wanted to get the most out of it.

Swatch:

I have been using this lippy from the last 7 days nonstop and here's what I think about the lipstick:

- It's named Wild Mauve, but it's deep purple with a little pink touch.
- Lipstick stays for 4 hours with intensity with full meal in between. Then it stays on for another 1-hour or so with fading.
- Moisturization provided by the lipstick is okay. After 3.5 hours my lips felt little dry, just                 transparent balm on top and my pucker was back to normal.
- If you apply the Lipbalm in between, after the full meal, the lipstick fades with the pink tint behind.
- Since I have pigmented lips, I love lipstick which does leave a tint behind.
- No shine, no shimmer. It's matte. Period.
- It might accentuate the dry lips, since its matte. Applying lipbalm before the lipstick application will take care of the it.
- With one swipe it's berry purple with a little bit of pink and with 2 swipes it leans towards deep       purple.
- SA said it is dupe of MAC rebel. I do not own Rebel, so cannot comment on that.
- It's highly pigmented. One swipe is enough to cover the pigmented lips.
- It does not have a colored bottom. SA and I had difficult time locating the entire Summer Darkened collection.
- Sturdy silver metal packaging, which shuts efficiently and is travel friendly.
- Comes with fancy outer cover. I am keeping the cover forever: D .
- My camera could not pick how purple the lipstick is. In reality the lipstick is more purple than pink. Do check it personally in the counter.
-Affordable.

1.What my camera thinks the colour is. 2. As a tint 3. The Actual colour


Cost: 475 for 4.25 gms .

Recommendation:  Go grab it if you love Berry purple pink shade. The drying issue can be taken care by lip balm.

Will I repurchase?  
By the time I finish this, I might find another berry lipstick similar to this. I have an eye on another shade in this range; I might buy that as well.

I have ended up with so many similar shades in my stash that now I am on self lipstick ban . I try to buy the lipstick only when the lipstick is expiring. I know it’s difficult, but I felt I was not justifying the lippies. It was like buying the lipstick for the sake of it.

Do you love berry lipsticks? Any purple lipstick lover here? Do share :)

Live Life to the fullest

XOXO
SB

Labels: , , , , ,